3 Interns, 3 Stylists, 3 Events, 3 Hours Competition
It's the old dilemma - you need experience to get into the event styling business but event stylists won't hire you until they've seen your portfolio of events you've styled.
If you're a Melbourne student wanting to become an event stylist, here's your big chance to get noticed by the event industry!
Take part in a competition on 27 July 2018 to style three events from one of three event stylists.
You and two other students will each need to produce three styled tablescapes, for a wedding, a corporate event and a private party, for one of 3 event stylists every 60 minutes (total 3 hours) on the same day.
The resulting photography and videos (3 each) will be promoted online, via social media and through press releases.
You receive an invaluable opportunity:
- to show your creativity and flair while delivering 3 client briefs in real-time and while being videoed
- to negotiate with and manage suppliers
- to use your time management skills in delivery and installation management
- to provide real-life fast-paced event styling executions
- to receive social media exposure
- to add 3 styled tablescape shots to your portfolio
- to add 3 YouTube videos for your portfolio
- for an internship and/or a job with an event stylist
Competition date: 27 July 2018
Duration: 11am-2pm shoot, bump-in 10am, bump-out 4pm
Venue: No 1 Events, 1 Golfer Drive, Malvern
Event types: One of each of a wedding, corporate event, and private party
Event styling duration: One hour per event type x 3 events
This will be a tough, high-pressure, and unpaid but very rewarding project. You are competing to show your stuff!