8 Tips To Ordering Your Own Custom-Made Event Decor
If you're a company seeking something a bit different for your product launch, store opening, expo, festival or corporate event, you're unlikely to see it at the average event hire company.
You may need to get something custom-made by a decor company like My Event Decor which offers a free product sourcing service, to meet your specific design brief.
Here's some tips:
1. What is the purpose of the decor item? Say you are organising a regional festival and want to make it easy for out-of-towners to find your event. In this case, a direction sign is ideal to put along the road for patrons to get there easily.
A custom decoration for your guest tables needs to match your decor theme or colour scheme.
Something on the floor, such as a dance floor decal, needs to be removable!
2. Be highly specific yet still flexible in your briefing. If you can have some wiggle room in the size, shape, colour, dimensions and material you want your item to be made of, this will help reduce cost and/or the time it takes to make it. It will help if you have an image of what you have in mind as reference. Otherwise you will need a designer to mock something up to save time.
3. Ask your decor supplier if there's something similar which could be modified as this can cut costs.
4. Ask for sample images of previous work so you know what type of quality you can expect.
5. Ask for a price quote AND a time quote. It is nearly always cheaper if you have a longer lead time. If they have to do a rush customisation job your custom decor item will cost much more.
6. Triple-check your check spelling, dates and wording that you provide, as the supplier will personalise it exactly the way you specified. Hardly any suppliers will correct misspelled words without charging you for a redo, and none will accept returns on personalised items.
7. If your personalised product includes photos, send high-resolution images. Suppliers can reduce pictures to smaller sizes but increasing image from smaller sizes makes them look ugly and pixelated.
8. When you receive the first image of your draft item, take at least 2 hours to check and respond before approving as it is very easy to approve it immediately, in all the excitement, without having time to notice any errors.
Find out how to get a fast response to your custom event decor quote request.