Brides Suggest 12 Tips To Plan Your Special Event At The Last Minute
Sometimes you don't get much time to plan your special event, or perhaps you have to bring your date forward because of scheduling clashes.
Whether it's for budget reasons, a change in the date the VIP is arriving, or a clash with upcoming schedules, you know who else sometimes need to bring their event forward?
Couples! There are brides who become unexpectedly pregnant, whose fiance was being relocated overseas or because one of their family members was serious ill and they have to bring their wedding forward.
In many respects, their advice applies to event designers.
- "Book your venue immediately and the rest will come! The venue is #1!
- "Do a winter wedding! Not many people do them, they're different, and most venues are open"
- "Look for offbeat venues. We used the barrel room of a local brewery and had a fun local food truck for our catering. Our friends and family have raved about how fun and different it was."
- "Book a destination wedding which includes a wedding chapel etc.. It will come together quickly and your guest list will be shorter, and therefore more affordable"
- "Sunday dates are usually open short notice!"
- "We had booked a cruise for our honeymoon and got a brainwave to get married on the boat. Because there was at least 20 of us going, we got good group rates for everyone"
- "Get married at the court house and then have something later at a restaurant where the catering is already sorted"
- "Definitely hire a wedding planner or at least a coordinator."
- "Check local universities in your area and inquire about their ballrooms, the catering cost is cheaper! Also do a morning wedding and serve brunch or lunch to cut costs"
- Don't stress about colours. Having green foliage, white and gold is readily available everywhere and it looks classic and elegant."
- "Keep your guest list short and free of children. Having a brunch reception is sometimes cheaper too. We picked a venue that recommend all the other vendors we needed. The best part they all coordinate which leaves less with for the bride and matron-of-honour."
- I went to a bridal fair and found all of my vendors in one shot! It was great. I planned my wedding in three months. We got married on a Friday night so the vendors were all available on short notice and the DJ gave us a discount for a Friday night."