The following Terms and Conditions relate to both the Hire and Shop services on My Event Decor.
Hire (renting Event decorations in metropolitan Melbourne, Australia)
- Please note there is a minimum hire fee of $200, excluding delivery and bond fees.
- Your hire fee from My Event Decor includes three days hire (Friday-Monday) within the Melbourne metropolitan area (or another area) or a shorter period such as one day, if specified. Should you want your items delivered outside Melbourne, your hire fee may double to allow for the twice-as-long hire period (ie one week).
- In those circumstances where your hire decorations are unavailable for your specified hire period, you will be notified as soon as possible and your hire fee refunded.
- You may collect your hire goods from My Event Decor’s premises at Unit 6, 15 Bent Street, Brighton VIC 3186 or from other locations as advised, when they are ready for collection, or they can be delivered to your venue or Event planner, as agreed.
- You will return your hire goods to My Event Decor’s premises within your specified hire period, or your hire goods will be collected by My Event Decor’s suppliers, as agreed.
- You agree to pay the hire fee as listed on the www.myeventdecor.com.au website. Your hire price includes GST, and delivery and/or collection fees, unless otherwise specified.
- You must give at least two weeks' notice prior to your event date if you wish to cancel your hire order to give other customers the opportunity to hire the items and to receive a full refund of your hire payment. You will forfeit your full hire payment if you do not give at least two weeks' notice to cancel your order.
- You will be charged a bond, refundable upon return of your hire goods in the same condition as they were rented to you, and where applicable, in the same packaging as their original delivery.
- No deposits will be accepted. All goods hired must be paid for in full including the bond and delivery fee to secure your order.
Shop (buying event decorations)
- My Event Decor's local and overseas suppliers create most of our decorations to order; we keep very little in stock.
- My Event Decor will ask you for as much advance information (such as your event date, names, colour preferences, Event details or whatever information is relevant to your order) as possible on the product page to help speed your order, however you don't have to provide it when you order if you do not wish to.
- Your item’s product page includes an approximate delivery time which may range from 3-42 days' delivery time depending on the product.
- My Event Decor provides these delivery times for you to determine whether they’ll meet your event deadline. Please do not expect your order to arrive faster than the quoted delivery times as many of them are handmade; some must be shipped from overseas. However, if your order is urgent, please advise us immediately and we will see if your order is possible within the timeframe.
- You will receive prompt and regular correspondence including your invoice (including GST), the progress of your order, and the delivery of your order as well as, if applicable, digital proofs of personalised goods for your approval
- Should your items not be available, you will be notified as soon as possible and My Event Decor will source another supplier, exchange your items or refund your payment.
- Your event items may be collected from My Event Decor’s premises at Unit 6, 15 Bent Street, Brighton VIC 3186 when they have arrived, sent to your home address, to your event coordinator/planner, or to your venue, as agreed.
- While My Event Decor and/or its suppliers will quality-check your event items prior to delivery, you must check your items are as ordered upon receipt of delivery.
- If your items are not as ordered, or are damaged, you must advise My Event Decor within 48 hours of delivery and provide photos of any damage or errors in your delivery. Your damaged or faulty items will be replaced or refunded.