If You Plan To Sell Your Used Event Decor On Ebay You Should Have Rented It
Many people make the typical - although completely understandable - mistake of buying most of their event decor so they can relax they've got it in hand (literally).
And I say "mistake" because almost all of it can be rented.
Now obviously, it's not a "mistake" to buy any event decor items that are customised or personalised on it as that will be unique to you AND make a wonderful keepsake afterwards.
Clearly, you'll simply have to buy anything that's perishable, such as candy for your lolly buffet, real flowers and foliage, or balloons as you can't rent those either.
However, I see so many people planning events who buy decorative items that:
- they don't need to keep (tea light holders, chair covers, easels, table numbers, candelabras, birdcages, tablecloths and napkin rings, for example)
- don't match anything in decor-wise in their home
- can cost up to three times more than the rental pice
- were a passing trend rather than a decor theme
- they'll only get a fraction of what they paid by selling them now secondhand on eBay, Gumtree or on a Facebook group page.
- they intend to hire on a freelance basis to make some extra money without considering the storage required, the time spent with people who are "just looking" and don't go ahead, let alone the logistics in actually getting the items delivered and collected
There are several advantages to renting your event decor.
The more items you can rent from the one supplier will mean:
- faster quote provision
- lower overall delivery fees
- quicker turnaround
- less impact on the environment, especially if the suppliers are local
- less coordination on your part to make sure all the different items have arrived from the different hire companies.